Business Development Officer
Loeb is looking to expand its Business Development team. Therefore, we are in search of a Business Development Officer. The primary function of the Business Development Officer (BDO) is to generate leads, qualify those leads based on the company's policies and procedures, and prepare presentations to validate credit worthiness of prospective and existing clients.
The prospective BDO must have the ability to develop and establish a growing book of robust referral networks within targeted business, banking and financial communities. The BDO is responsible for driving business growth by developing new business or new ways to grow revenue for existing businesses. This candidate will primarily assist the Finance team in preparing and communicating the customer business case/proposal for emerging markets, existing markets, and specific deals.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, computer savvy, extremely well organized, and have excellent verbal and written skills. Additionally, the ideal BDO will possess a strong background in Asset Based Lending and Accounts Receivable Financing. Familiarity with a CRM database is preferred as they will be required to post activity to our CRM system daily. A book of business leads and/or business would be a huge plus.
- Execute effective business development activities including; sourcing and qualifying clients, identifying decision makers, establishing client relationships and identifying cross-selling of additional Loeb services and product opportunities and scheduling client visits
- Effectively create daily call plan or action plan to help accomplish activity expectations
- Maintain current competitor/market knowledge
- Sustain minimum standard performance measures including weekly activity requirements for connects, interviews and leads, as well as established monetary productivity requirements
- Calls on existing or prospective customers to develop new business, expand existing business, maintain good customer relations and ensure proper servicing of accounts
- Individually producing growth in revenue and net income by meeting or exceeding goals of selling various business products and services including credit and depository products to new and existing business customers
- Develop relationships with multiple referral sources located throughout the targeted market
- Maintain current industry knowledge of trends, products, and technology
- Maintain and continue to build market presence of all Loeb businesses Obtain necessary due diligence documents for review and analysis on prospective financing requests
- Provide thorough presentations of financing requests that meet the company's policies and procedures
- Provide weekly marketing activity reports
- Maintain calling list and deal pipeline
- Meet annual revenue goals set by management
- Ability to work remotely and frequently travel
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred
- Strong Asset Based Lending experience
- Commercial Credit Training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and comfortable with multiple task assignments
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Full Time Position - 40 Hour Work Week
- Flexibility in your work scheduled may be needed during peak performance times
- Casual Work Environment
- Commissioned Position with Level of Compensation Commensurate with Experience
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our offices are located in Chicago, IL just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary, Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans and Equipment Purchase Leasebacks from its affiliate, Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Staffing Agencies please do NOT respond.