We are currently looking for a highly motivated ABL Underwriter to assist in underwriting and portfolio management for Loeb’s ABL vertical. This individual should have a great attitude and a solid understanding of the equipment financing space. As a member of our expert finance team, this position’s primary focus will be evaluating potential loans and liaising with existing loan clients.
- Ensuring completeness of deal packages by analyzing content
- Analyze the credit worthiness of prospective clients by (i) coordinating and analyzing audits, appraisals, and background investigation reports, (ii) meeting and interviewing the prospective client’s management team, and (iii) analyzing and understanding the prospective client’s historical and projected financial statements, cash flows, collateral, borrowing base availability, and drivers of enterprise value.
- Facilitating the loan closing process from credit approval to close.
- Management and servicing of current portfolio including: monitoring client credit quality, continued communication and regular contact with existing borrowers; updated reporting; payments; updating required legal documentation.
- Handling all aspects of UCC searches, UCC filings, Fixture filings, UCC Terminations, Amendments, Assignments, summarizing search results and management.
- Maintaining and administration of legal documentation.
- Handling all aspects of recording, removing, and maintaining liens of vehicle titles.
- Procuring and maintaining documents for loan documentation.
- 3+ years’ experience in ABL loans with a heavy focus in valuation, underwriting and finance with a focus on equipment, industrial real estate and inventories.
- BA/BS required. Concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- Experience with integrated financial modeling.
- Experience in tag agency, DMV, banking or accounting preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced, complex, deal-driven, equity/capital risk environment required.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and comfortable with multiple task assignments.
- Strong technological background, especially in a Microsoft 365 environment (Dynamics 365, Office, SharePoint, Teams).
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the further ability to effectively negotiate documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a very competitive total compensation package including base salary and bonus plan, health insurance, a generous 401k match, a great and flexible personal time off program, flexible work hours, including a flex-remote work arrangement, and a causal work environment.
Our offices are located near the O’Hare airport and immediately accessible by the #81W CTA bus / 331 Pace bus and within walking distance to/from the Cumberland Blue Line stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Kennedy (90).