Repair & Service Technician – Industrial Equipment
Do you like working on cars, boats, motorcycles and fixing things? Loeb, a global equipment company headquartered in Chicago, is currently looking for a highly motivated Repair and Service Technician with strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, and a willingness to learn. The individual we are looking for should have a terrific attitude and a solid understanding of Electrical and Mechanical Systems. Having the knowledge of packaging and processing equipment would be a bonus. As a member of our expert Repair and Service team, this position's primary focus will be on verifying that the machinery our sales department is selling is functioning and in proper mechanical and electrical condition, and addressing and repairing anything that doesn't comply.
An ideal candidate must have the ability to gather information, analyze and problem solve; build and maintain strong working relationships, possess a strong attention to detail, along with a strong and sound decision making ability, have the initiative and willingness to take and complete tasks without instruction and have the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues with processing and packaging machinery
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment
- Maintaining the facility's electrical system, single and three phase power
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience required
- Excellent knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, compressors, motors and controllers
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must have a complete set of hand tools
- Experienced electrical knowledge of packaging machinery
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, PLC logic diagrams, VF Drives, AC Inverters and blueprints
- Full Time or Part Time Positions available
- Casual Work Environment
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at email@example.com.
CHICAGO, IL - NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. Our offices are just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans and from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.