Finance Assistant - Underwriter/ Paralegal
Loeb, a Global equipment company headquartered in Chicago, is currently looking for a highly motivated Finance Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Finance department. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for lien searches, filling, assisting in the processing of loan as well as other additional clerical duties.
- Handling all aspects of Lien searches, filings, summarizing and management
- Management of Finance Department closing book
- Research, Resolve and Process vehicle titles with precise accuracy and maintaining liens of vehicles
- Managing all aspects of Fixture filings to prevent disputes with landlords
- Assisting Credit Manager with loan documentation documents
- Preferred Associate Degree. High School Diploma required
- Experience in tag agency, DMV, banking or accounting preferred
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and comfortable with multiple task assignments
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Part Time Position – (20) hour work week (With the opportunity to transition into a full time position)
- Flexibility in your work scheduled may be needed during peak performance times
- Casual Work Environment
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHICAGO, IL - NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. Our offices are just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans and Equipment Purchase Leasebacks from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.