Field Appraiser – Industrial Equipment Valuation
Loeb, a global equipment company headquartered in Chicago, is currently looking for a highly motivated Field Appraiser with prior industrial sales experience to work directly with assisting and supporting in the field appraising of industrial assets. The individual we are looking for should have a terrific attitude and a solid understanding of the equipment utilized in the packaging and processing of food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and/or chemical products. As a member of our expert appraisal team, this position's primary focus will be representing Loeb in the field appraising facilities and also identifying adjunct opportunities for Loeb.
- Work within our appraisal team to insure continuity and consistency in the work product generated by:
- Inspecting facilities
- Excellent list taker and well organized in taking photos
- Well organized and can work independently
- Familiar with industrial settings – can ascertain most efficient way to walk facility and generate the comprehensive equipment list
- Hands on execution skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Perform research on machinery or processes as well as providing detailed equipment write-ups
- Identify machinery and equipment buying opportunities for the company
- Interface with sales team and other members of the organization to help insure quality
- Manage, track and analyze department promotions and events
- Extensive Travel – Up to 60-70% travel required
- 6+ years experience in industrial equipment or equivalent
- AMEA certified a must, ASA is a plus
- Solid understanding of processing and packaging equipment as they relate to the food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- Detailed information gathering and application selling abilities
- Must be "Customer Satisfaction" oriented with strong written, interpersonal, oral communication and follow-up skills
- Must work well in a team environment and be willing to demonstrate flexibility in work hours, assignments and scope of work as required in order to meet objectives of the department
- Must possess strong computer skills in a Windows environment with above average proficiency in MS Word & Excel
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and grammar knowledge for producing professionally written correspondence
- Ability and willingness to provide back up support as needed for all team segments
- College degree preferred with a technical emphasis
- Other duties as assigned
- Full Time Position - 40 Hour Work Week
- Casual Work Environment
- Commissioned Position with Level of Compensation Commensurate with Experience
Given the travel requirements for this position, location is flexible.
Our offices are located in Chicago, IL just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at email@example.com.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.