Director of Sales Operations & Strategy - Equipment Division
Are you in sales or sales management within the B2B industrial world and ready to be a leader?
Loeb is expanding and we are in search of a Director of Sales Operations & Strategy, a high level team leader to coordinate all equipment sales, as well as, assist in the facilitation of equipment acquisitions, warehouse operations and logistics. Recruiting and developing new hires for this equipment division is also of key importance. This position reports directly to the President who currently performs this role with several other roles and can no longer manage multiple divisions and needs a partner to be his right hand man and run this division.
We are looking for a person with leadership qualities that is passionate, proactive, visionary that will help drive, protect, and enhance a 5th generation family values company. If you are interested in growing a division, and being compensated in direct relationship to that effort, this is a position for you. The used industrial world is a very opportunistic business – When we are busy, we are really busy; we move fast here at Loeb to seize opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, analytical, detail-oriented, quality-driven and tough minded. They will be responsible for leading and managing all sales and warehouse operations, maximizing revenue growth for the Equipment Division. Ability to close sales is a must.
The Director of Sales must be able to identify process improvements in reporting, analytics, and performance metrics. They will develop, direct, and analyze programs and retention strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and retention.
- Hires, trains, directs, rewards, and replaces members of the sales team. Our current sales team is a group of seasoned veterans, and this position will help to continue to invigorate the department with anew team of direct reports
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Reviews, edit, and implement a motivating incentive compensation plan in support of the company's compensation philosophy of paying for performance and rewarding talent. Our current program is designed so the more you sell the higher commissions you receive
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing to utilize highly segmented available data to optimize customer/account targeting
- Ensures effective analysis of sales force trends and performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies
- Ensures adherence to established departmental budgetary parameters
- Delivers sales operations and related presentations to the Sales Organization and the Executive Team
- Develop an environment that ensures all sales and support staff are aligned to Loeb's goals, objectives, and corporate values
- Analyze sales data and generate weekly forecast and metric reports for Management team
- Develop and implement comprehensive pipeline reporting tools, tracking opportunities from lead generation to revenue realization, account development and customer retention
- Oversee the Machinery Shop Manager responsible for the repair and set-up department with weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks and milestones
- 6+ years sales experience in industrial equipment Sales or Sales Operations
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Present stellar past sales history
- Machinery oriented with strong technical skills history
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Experience managing personnel and contributing toward the development of departmental strategies
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
- Experience in developing and making formal presentations to Fortune 5,000 companies and executive management
- Must be "Customer Satisfaction" oriented with strong written, interpersonal, oral communication and follow-up skills
- Must possess strong computer skills in a Windows environment, with above average proficiency in MS Word & Excel and CRM systems
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and grammar knowledge for producing professionally written correspondence
- College degree preferred with a technical emphasis
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHICAGO, IL - NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. Our offices are just southeast of US Cellular Field, and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans and from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.