Loeb, a global equipment company headquartered in Chicago, is currently looking for a highly motivated Accounting Analyst with prior accounting experience to work directly with and support the accounting staff in a multi-company/multi general ledger corporate structure.
- Accounts Payable
- Match purchase orders and receiving documents with vendor invoice
- Entry of vendor invoices into accounting system
- Verify invoices have required documentation prior to review by Controller
- Maintain weekly AP reporting consistently
- Accounts Receivable
- Entry of customer invoices into accounting system
- Match customer deposits with customer invoices
- Maintain weekly AR reporting consistently
- Month End Closing
- Consistently maintain, update and perform month end closing functions per a proscribed checklist
- Daily Postings
- Other accounting daily postings as requirements, including but not limited to posting of loan payments, reconciliations etc.
- Assist Controller with a variety of accounting related duties
- Create, update and improve process documentation
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports as requested
- Data Entry of hourly employee hours
- Maintenance of analytic spreadsheets and graphs
- Perform other duties as required and work on special projects as required
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
- Must be able to maintain databases, queries and spreadsheets, understand basic accounting principles and have an acceptable knowledge of math and finance
- Must be "Customer Satisfaction" oriented with strong written, interpersonal, oral communication and follow-up skills
- Must work well in a team environment and be willing to demonstrate flexibility in work hours, assignments and scope of work as required in order to meet objectives of the department
- Must possess STRONG computer skills in a Windows environment with above average proficiency in MS Word & Excel. If you don't have impressive skills in EXCEL, please do not inquire.
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and grammar knowledge for producing professionally written correspondence
- Ability and willingness to provide back up support as needed for all team segments
- College degree preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Full Time Position - 40 Hour Work Week
- Casual Work Environment
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHICAGO, IL - NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. Our offices are just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans and Equipment Purchase Leasebacks from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.