Account Manager – Industrial Equipment Sales
Loeb, a global equipment company headquartered in Chicago, is currently looking for a highly motivated Account Manager with prior industrial sales experience to work directly with our customer base assisting and supporting in the purchase of goods and services. The individual we are looking for should have a terrific attitude and a solid understanding of the equipment utilized in the packaging and processing of food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and/or chemical products. As a member of our expert sales team, this position's primary focus will be maintaining and expanding upon our customer relationships with a heavy focus on prospecting new opportunities, qualifying incoming leads, and closing orders.
- Work within our sales team to insure continuity and management of our customer relationships
- Manage incoming leads to insure quality and timely responses to all sales inquiries
- Perform research on machinery or processes as well as providing detailed equipment write-ups
- Limited travel required in order to attend auctions and/or to perform on-site data collection for assets at customer sites
- Identify machinery and equipment buying opportunities for the company
- Interface with sales team and other members of the organization to help insure quality
- Manage, track and analyze department promotions and events
- 2+ years sales experience in industrial equipment or equivalent
- Solid understanding of processing and packaging equipment as they relate to the food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- Detailed information gathering and application selling abilities
- Must be "Customer Satisfaction" oriented with strong written, interpersonal, oral communication and follow-up skills
- Must work well in a team environment and be willing to demonstrate flexibility in work hours, assignments and scope of work as required in order to meet objectives of the department
- Must possess strong computer skills in a Windows environment with above average proficiency in MS Word & Excel
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and grammar knowledge for producing professionally written correspondence
- Ability and willingness to provide back up support as needed for all team segments
- College degree preferred with a technical emphasis
- Other duties as assigned
- Full Time Position - 40 Hour Work Week
- Casual Work Environment
- Commissioned Position with Level of Compensation Commensurate with Experience
If interested in this position please email a current resume complete with salary history to the attention of: Sheldrick Holmes, VP Finance & Operations at email@example.com.
CHICAGO, IL - NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. Our offices are just southeast of US Cellular Field and immediately accessible by the #29 bus and within walking distance from the Green Line Indiana stop. Our location also offers free onsite parking, with quick access to/from the Dan Ryan (90/94) and Lake Shore Drive.
For five generations since 1880, Loeb has been a trusted provider of reliable equipment and related services that help manufacturing and financial companies grow their business. Headquartered in Chicago, we maintain over 150,000 square feet of warehouse space stocked with quality used packaging and processing equipment for the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and chemical industries.
Loeb services and business units include:
- Equipment Sales, Purchases, Rentals & Leasing from Loeb
- Certified Market Appraisals from Loeb Appraisal
- Auction Services from its subsidiary Loeb Winternitz Industrial Auctioneers
- Equipment Term Loans from Loeb Term Solutions
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Loeb reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.